Friday, September 05, 2008

Noah's second Mommy

I was in WalMart yesterday. (Yes, I was in WalMart again. I know it seems like I blog about that frequently, but I'm only there once every week or two. It's just that funny things seem to happen there.) Anyway, my sister was with me. (Yes, I always have somebody with me too. I have strict orders from my husband and my mother NOT to go shopping by myself with all three of the kids. I think they're afraid somebody will try to kidnap them in the parking lot or something. No, they're probably just worried about me handling three little ones by myself...) So yes, to continue this story, my sister was pushing Noah in the stroller, and I was tagging along behind with Cosette and Eli. Every now and then, someone would stop Kristin to admire Noah, and comment to Kristin what a beautiful baby she had. Kristin would simply nod and say thank-you. At one point, though, someone stopped her to look at Noah, and then said "My, you look like such a happy Mommy!" To which my sister responded "Thank you!" I cracked up! And Cosette said "But, you're NOT a mommy, Aunt Kristin!" And my sister, well, she just grinned at the humor of it all. ( I, however, declared that it was time to give me my stroller and baby back ;)

4 comments:

Helen said...

Ha, I can perfectly understand Kristin :-)

I love when people mistake my friend's kids for mine. It is kind of "playing Mommy" and imagining how it will be that one future day...

Kristin said...

Those were the nice comments:-) I didn't tell you about the lady who told me I looked way to young to have a baby; all the while I was trying to hide my ring-less hand in my pocket :-)
But the nice comments definitely out weighed the bad ones! And I promise the next time we go shopping you can push the stroller and I'll take the cart

Elizabeth said...

HAHA! Yes, I too have to admit, I love it when my friend's kids are mistaken for mine...like the day I had Christian and Luke at the park with me....a few people gave me these enormously empathetic looks, and one actually said "Boy, you've got your hands full!!" Which was actually a true statement, except that they were only full for an hour or two! :)

You made me laugh today...that's always a good thing! :) Time to pack up my renaissance books and leave the library for home sweet home :)

Elizabeth said...

One more comment I've been meaning to make and keep forgetting....could you change your curtisfour address to curtisfive, or would it totally change your web-page and you would have to start all over??? It's just something I think about every time I type "Curtisfour" and wondered if it was possible :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...