Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lacking a hand...while needing three more!!

Apparently, I can only type 24 words per minute---with ONE hand, that is :) You see, since becoming a nursing mom again, I' ve been re-learning how to do alot of stuff one-handed---like, typing, for instance, or eating dinner. Or reading books to my children. Or helping a little girl put on her shoes. Or spooning bites into a little boys mouth. Yep, I can now do all of that one-handed, while holding and nursing an infant in the other arm. Talk about multi-tasking!

(Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, my actual speed typing with both hands is 90 words per minute---a bit better, don't you think? :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Commenting on yesterday's blog about the economy...yes, Cosette is one inteligent 3 (almost 4!!) year old. I can vaguely remember being a kid and having not the slightest clue what it meant to be "financially unstable"...what a blessing that we were able to enjoy childhood years where our only job was to play, learn, grow, and leave the "big stuff" to the adults....this must be where God was going when He said to have "child-like faith" which I know I could use a BIG dose of right about now!!!

As for today's blog, you are amazing :) I just tested myself (cause I needed something fun to do :) and with my left hand by itself, I typed 27 words in one minute..I beat ya' by 2 words!! :) :) haha :)

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Jaime I am so proud of you. You never lose your speed, it's just on hold at the moment. Taking care of three beautiful children is better than typing 90 words per minute, right? G. Rosina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...