I am loving, let me repeat that, loving, this weather! Now, don't get me wrong, there have been a few days recently that have just been TOO hot! With temperatures in the mid-nineties, my poor feet were swollen just enough that I couldn't get my shoes on. Hello flip-flops! I was pretty miserable. But, today it is hanging around 80 degrees, and I love it. Maybe it's because ever since last November, when I found out we had a baby due in July, I have been waiting for this time! I waited through Christmas, I waited through New Years and snow, I waited through over a month of bed-rest, I waited through Easter and muddy, awful spring weather. And now, finally, it's summer! Now is the season when my baby will be born! Maybe that is why I am feeling extra joyful with this beautiful weather :)
Anyway, enough about the weather! I don't know if you all get tired of reading my 'thankful' posts or not, but I thought it was about time for another one! So, here goes, my list of things I'm 'thankful' for right now :)
1. My husband. Yep, he tops the list. He is constantly doing little things for me that make me fall in love with him all over again. For instance, just as he was pulling in the driveway from work the other day, Cosette announced that Eli had just had an 'accident' on the living room carpet. Great! So, I give her instructions not to touch anything, and rush Eli back to the potty. While I'm busy cleaning him up in the bathroom, Joel comes inside, quickly survey's the situation, and has the mess in the living room cleaned up before I even get out there! I told him sorry, he came home at just the wrong time, and he replied "No, I came home at just the right time, I got to help you clean that mess up!" Now, is that a man to be loved, or what??
2. As family members were cleaning out my great-grandmother's belongings (she just passed away recently), they asked if we'd like anything specific. I am now wearing a ring that belonged to her, and it's very special for me. Everytime I look down at my hand, I can remember something else special about Grandma. (So, I look at my left hand and think of my husband, I look at my right hand and think of my Great-Grandma; how cool is that?)
3. My family and church family. Everybody has been soooo helpful during the course of this whole pregnancy. Yes, we had all that help during my bed-rest, but even just recently, people have been helping me clean my house (my mom!), bringing me bags of diapers, and offering words of encouragment like " Don't worry! You'll see your feet again soon!" :)
4. Frozen Grapes. Okay, so maybe they're not as important as the above mentioned things, but I still love them! They somehow seem sweeter than regular grapes, and they're really nice on hot days like today.
5. The fact that my husband works so hard and I can stay home with my kids. I read a statistic somewhere that said something like 75% of all mothers with school age children work. Can that be right? It seemed high to me, but what do I know? Anyway, I realize that not everybody can enjoy this blessing, so I'm not going to take it for granted. Every day at home with my kids is precious.
And that's all of my ramblings thoughts for now. By the way, if you haven't checked out my last post yet, go there and watch the video of Eli. It's hilarious! :)