- Love is a mother, taking her whole day to drive her daughter to the doctor's office, and hospital for shots, just to make sure her un-born grand-son is safe.
- Love is a husband who spends his evenings doing laundry, washing dishes, and taking care of children. Then, he brings you roses the next day, and leaves nice little notes in the books you are reading.
- Love is a mother-in law who spends days in a row at your house, even though she has many other things on her plate she should be doing.
- Love is a sister who drops by a pair of knitting needles and a big ball of yarn. ''Here, you need to learn how to knit, it'll help you not to lose your mind!"
- Love is a friend who takes her only afternoon free in the entire week, and spends it at your house, watching your children, dusting your furniture, and fixing your dinner.
- Love is a brother who drops by, just to say hi and see how you're doing. Then, when he offers to bring in the mail, does his very best not to laugh at the girly movies you've just received from Blockbuster.
- Love is a little girl who snuggles up next to her mama on the couch in the early morning. "Mama, I love you. You are sooo beautiful!" (This said to a mama who hasn't yet showered, or even put on make-up for three days!)
- Love is a little boy who sits contentedly by his mommy, and listens happily as she reads the 'Peekaboo' book to him for the 15th time that morning.
- Love is feeling the first feeble kicks of a baby in your womb and realizing "That's my son! That's why I'm sitting here on the couch all day!" And it makes it so worth while....
Yes folks, I am learning to be served through all of this bed-rest time. I am grateful for all of the expressions of love I see all around me! The kind of love that says "I would lay down my life for my brother......" That, according to my Lord, is true love :)